Sunday, November 17, 2019

Are You Comfortable with Yourself Enough to say, "I don't know?"

If we live a thousand times a thousand years and studied a million times a million subjects we can never know it all.  However many of us will fight to the death in a relationship to be "RIGHT" in an argument without facts.  Facts change everything from a personal fight to an uninformed opinion not worth fighting over, but we have to have the last word. I was guilty of this until I learned I did not have to appear perfect anymore. I know my boundaries but I'm open to learn of your boundaries.  Then we can make valid decisions that work for us both.

It was a brand new day and a weight lifted off my shoulders when I knew "I was enough" and  decided I don't have to prove myself everyday to everyone by seeming to know something about every subject.  Even if I know a lot, I can always learn more no matter how much I think I know.  Truth be known there is much I cannot comment on and I find it relaxing to admit, I don't know."

Who is an expert on any subject?  Who do I trust to speak authoritatively on the subject? Now that is different. What have you studied for more than twenty years?  Do you need degrees or life experience to be respected by me? I look for results in your life, degrees alone, don't make anyone successful in living a kind and compassionate life.  Living is the greatest teacher.

When I thought about this I realized I have been studying anger, how it originates and how to get rid of it since I was fourteen years old.  I was so consumed by my own anger I wanted to be free of it. No one in my immediate circle of family and friends were interested in the study of anger so I became a pioneer of this study for me.

My other interest has been what makes men and women tick to have a smooth relationship and what causes division between the two?  Both worthy endeavors have made my life easier. Today I may have a few insights into both but one thing I know I am no longer interested in being closely associated with angry self centered people that know it all. My future circle of friends will always include open heart people that engage in open conversations that welcome new ideas with positive attitudes to support others, not destroy people for being or thinking differently.


Men and women together, living in harmony, can be if we learn to listen to one another with open minds and open hearts and stop trying to control everything and everyone around us. To learn to control ourselves is the first step, anyone that can control self to respond with patient understanding to listen instead of reacting with judgemental controlling fear will bring peace sooner.

To say, "I don't know" is such a relaxing phrase and gives life permission to teach me what I don't know.  Thankful to be a student of life for the rest of mine. Perfectly content with imperfect me.
 I don’t know’ has become ‘I don’t know yet’ - Bill Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment