Monday, December 17, 2018

Dusting Around Objects On A Table Is Like Not Dealing With Feelings

Every single day I meditate and study stoic, sage, sound advice from speakers I respect.  As I was contemplating my latest studies I was dusting the house and thinking.

When I get in a hurry because I have so much to do, I dust around the objects on the table. Then I look back and still see dust... This did not meet the goal.

So I paused, took everything off the table, and dusted again.  I used furniture polish. Afterwards it looked good, it felt better to me.

I thought as I always do, this is like having uncomfortable feelings arise and being too busy to deal with these. I push these aside, other tasks need to be done and even if I meant to come back to this, I don't, years can go by and suddenly one day there is so many thoughts my mind is cluttered.

Now I have to empty my mind of everything to get rid of the clutter and find a way to get organized thoughts and peaceful in actions. This time with a clear conscious and some much needed words of wisdom from those that know more than me. My polish for the mind?  Wise sages like Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie Mitchell, Jordan Peterson, etc.  Sages have been here all along if we seek these out.

I needed to slow down, seek another way to think and do the work. I do the work every day to keep my mind in peaceful mode.  I have become very protective of this mind I educated.

Resentment and pride the two thieves that cause hurt and stop us from acquiring wisdom.  The younger generation, like me, is full of pride and slow to welcome the wisdom of elders that care enough to speak, until one day, like me, they cannot take the pain anymore.

Then we seek help, until then we just take life for granted. So very thankful to understand more now than ever that "I am enough."  No need for alcohol or sedatives to calm the nerves.  I have the power to do this myself. Is is not easy at first but over years of practice it becomes second nature. Namaste.


Image result for wizard of oz you had the power all along



No comments:

Post a Comment