Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Gratefulness and Depression Cannot Abide in the Mind at the Same Time

The answers to this life are easy and within your reach but you have to discipline the mind.  We can change our habits, stop the addictions, but if we don't discipline the mind, we will slip easily back into old negative habits in a second.

This is a road I have traveled so often that I am very familiar with automatic negative thinking and the work it takes to get out of it.  Negative self talk is destructive to a joyful life. Life can become joyful instantly when you stay present in the gratefulness of every thing you have now no matter how little it may seem at the present moment.

If something or someone you loved is gone, be thankful you had that thing or that person for as long as you did and accept it is gone. This makes space for new things, for new people, for new love to enter. This makes life easier.

Depression is looking back and becoming sad about things that happened or things you did, but you and I can do nothing to change it now. If we accept and vow  not to repeat mistakes, to move forward and let go of the past then the past has served it's purpose, lessons learned.

The more depressed, the longer the list you must write until the grateful attitude is more prevalent than the anger of depression that leads to helplessness. Helplessness can lead you to give up, don't.  Begin again today, move forward, life is good and we are not here very long.

You are not helpless, you are not a victim when you are in control of your own mind.

This is not easy and the WHY has to big or you will not find the HOW. My WHY is so big, my mental pain was so great, I will study, meditate and renew my thoughts every day for the rest of my life, in this I find I  am the luckiest person alive. Namaste.

Thankful to know this works, if it worked for me, I know it can work for you.

Image result for grateful attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment