Monday, September 3, 2018

It's Not My Painting!

I get a kick out of my ego. I watched acrylic painting on YouTube and I was so amazed at the artist and their techniques.  So I relaxed and enjoyed quite a bit of this flowing abstract art and found the pieces quite remarkable.

So after watching and getting the hang of it I would start to talk to the screen and tell the artist stop, stop, I love that line, leave that shape, it's good as it is and the artist would move the painting and blow it with a straw all techniques again and again and in my opinion lose the painting.  I am familiar with blowing paint, turning the canvas to move the paint but it was overdone until I felt they lost the beauty of it.

As I watched and wanted the piece for my house but lost the want after the artist would not stop moving the paint and lost the beauty of it to my eyes, I said, "It's not my painting!"

I need to have an opinion yes but keep my judgments out of it.  If I did the painting I would have stopped, it had such interesting shapes however she did not stop, she overdid it and the finished piece lost the interesting shapes with colors that I loved. It was ok.

I need a day creating art.  Time to make my own painting and back to minding my own business.

Thankful to be aware to stop myself and get back to minding my own business.  I do appreciate the art lessons on YouTube. Anyone can create beautiful art with this method. Holly we have to do this when you come for a visit. The cells are unique, what is up with Rain-X? I have to GTS.

Image result for acrylic flow art

 




No comments:

Post a Comment