Monday, September 3, 2018

Our Parents Were Right, "Never Talk Politics or Religion"

When you are young you hear many things at home growing up.  My interests lie in letting go of anger with forgiveness to be free, art, nature, meditation instead of medication, our children, making good food, writing, reading, being kind...and yes I have opinions about politics and religion however I am not interested in fighting anyone over either so I have decided to do what my father told me as a wee lass, "It takes two to fight and one to walk away." A religion of kindness should be talked about, we should live it,  and face it, you have no power in complaining and disagreeing with friends, this talk goes nowhere.

I'm walking away from giving any opinions about politics to others. Conservative by nature, liberal in opinions. I really am not any party. I vote for people across the board that I believe are good.  One thing I am very sure about, I do not like ongoing angry people speaking ill of anyone constantly.  We have a life, let's go live it and stop putting down others.  Life is too short to keep being so contrary towards everyone over everything said.  Opinions are like noses, everyone has one.

What happened to minding your own business, focusing on your work to be the best you can be and stop judging everyone that you have no direct influence over?  Criticising and complaining is stressful and non-productive, do something different, accept the situation, find something to be thankful about and move on with your life. Vote a person out of office when the time comes, and choose your religion but stop focusing daily on things out of your control, choose to be grounded in your life. Life is beautiful and we are lucky to be living in the USA today.

Find a way to be better at your own job.  Find a way to help others around you, volunteer, do something positive in your community.  The people constantly complaining about politics and religion need to get a more interesting life. Turn off the TV.  Find a life that demands your excited attention more than your daily political speculation that changes nothing.

Moving on, walking away from negative angry opinionated people, life is too short. Thankful I am not a counselor, public servant, government worker, minister, etc.  I like my peaceful mind. I noticed successful people I admire most, don't talk about either, there is a lesson in this for me.

Image result for never talk politics or religion


No comments:

Post a Comment