Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Dark but Familiar Silhouette Came Strolling Down the Driveway

Whenever I have a lot on my mind I walk our driveway. I returned home after an early morning drive and walked the driveway as I thought about the rest of my day.  Today at 2 we are putting Baby cat down.  He cannot eat. He cannot drink water.  He is surviving because of meds.  Pain meds prevent him from feeling the pain of his mouth cancer, so I walk.

I did not announce I was home when I drove in the driveway, I just got out of the car and started walking.  I walked contemplating the day, thinking about my husband who would finally agree to the euthanization he believes is morally wrong.  I thought about this cat that I love and how I will miss him.

As I walk silently up and down the driveway I see a familiar figure coming towards me like he has so many times before, silently without asking permission he joins me, barefoot, walking beside me after a kiss with no words. He knows today is the day too.


No comments:

Post a Comment