Monday, February 5, 2018

Jackfruit Pulled Bar-b-cue

Christmas we celebrated a birthday with lasagna from a great italian restaurant. To also give the vegans in our family a dinner the same night we found a restaurant that had vegan choices on the menu.  I ordered a Jackfruit pulled barbecue sandwich and a veggie burger.  It was delicious! I looked to buy jackfruit locally to no avail and ordered jackfruit online.  Today I made toasted coconut rice with jackfruit barbecue. It is delicious. I'm making coleslaw tonight to add to the dinner. The southerner in me loves coleslaw and barbecue.

Just thought I'd share for anyone out there wanting to eat more vegetables and less meat. Yes it does taste like pulled pork sorta.

 I chose to chop my jackfruit in a small blender and add to the sauteed onions and garlic with avocado oil in fry pan, last add sauce. The secret is using a great tasting barbecue sauce of your choice.

Bon appetit! Vegan dishes can be delicious if you find the right textures and seasonings.
Thankful to have found jackfruit and look forward to other recipes  to make with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment