Monday, June 19, 2017

The Black Bear Visits

Father's Day 2017 began with us sitting in the backyard he, sipping coffee, me, sipping water enjoying the mountain view again.  The air was perfect and with an occasional light breeze it was a perfect morning.  We sat and meditated.  With thankfulness for our children we sat a while.  A sudden breeze made the glass table umbrella blow upward and we jumped to rescue it before it lifted up, up, and away. It has done that before.

The umbrella secure and in the house, we decided to go inside with the three cats to have breakfast.  I opened a can of catfood for the sweeties and went to make my morning protein shake when I turned to the sliding door and there stood a black bear.

I grabbed my phone and got great pictures and a video as the bear looked into the house and meandered around to the garbage and side porch where it turned a 5 gallon water bottle on to the driveway.  The bear nuzzled my porch plant and I thought it might eat it for a snack which is ok with me.  Animals are animals and I'm ok with them doing things that seem natural to them although destructive to humans. Then the bear went out to our green building where the door was left open and it entered.

A police officer showed up to our door 20 minutes later to see if we saw the bear and were concerned. My Sweetheart said, "No, he is our bear. He visits our garbage and moves back into the woods."  Officer said someone called from across the street that saw the bear in our yard.

People.






No comments:

Post a Comment