Sunday, July 22, 2018

Paul, The True Easy Rider

In Plattsburgh after I visited the  MacDonough Monument  I decided to stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a cool drink.  Out in front was handsome friendly young man sitting enjoying the day.  There was a Harley just in front of him and I asked him if it was his. He said, "My bike is over there, I built it myself from spare parts I found."

Now I am really interested. I love good old fashion ingenuity and "get 'er dun" mentality. Whenever I have wanted anything my inventor mind always goes to "How can I make it?"  It so much fun making things and such a fascination to see it come together that the process is more fun than the finished product...well almost. 

He loves his motorcycle and after all, it gets him from point "A" to point "B" and is this not the purpose of any bike?  As we talked I found he is very kind and open to new ideas of thought that lead to calm civilized conversation.  He told me he grew up in a house that peace was not present and this, caused him to be aware of always speaking in a kind, calm voice to everyone, especially his own children and wife.  He is wise, his wife and children are lucky to have such a kind husband/father.

He has learned and now advises that yelling at children does not make them hear the message, but the hurt from the volume can remain with them a lifetime.  He is a wise man, and I loved that he built his bike. Thankful to meet great men and women everyday in my travels. The world needs more consciously aware men like Paul, it makes the world a better place.

Love mechanics and handymen, "men that work with their hands will never go hungry." (A southern expression) Great bike Paul!  Thanks for letting me take your picture and get your autograph.




2 comments:

  1. Reading that brought a tear to my eye. You are a beautiful person as well and this is an encounter I am sure I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice bike too by the way. Great meeting you Paul, you are a good man and father. Namaste friend.

      Delete