Sunday, November 5, 2017

Even A Panoramic Picture Cannot Capture What your Eyes See

Sweetheart was telling me about walking our driveway when I was away and thinking how beautiful it was, so he took a picture and sent to me. I told him I take pictures in my walks that I send to him but notice the picture I send on his phone does not portray the actual beauty of what we see.  He then went on to describe what he believes cause us to not see the same beauty.  He expresses how wonderful the human eye is made to be able to have peripheral vision that makes us "see" 180 degrees everywhere we look and how a camera can only take a limited view of it. He further observes it is the smells, the sounds, and that peripheral vision that takes in all the details.

I said."Whenever I see something in nature of beauty, my first thought is... ("I wish Charlie was here.)  When I hear a good story that makes me laugh, I wish Charlie could hear it, when I taste good food, I think, I wish Charlie could taste this. Fun to share good experiences with my Sweetheart.

In reality a panoramic picture show you 180 degrees at one time while your eyes would give you a 360 degree view of the same panoramic shot.  Cameras are so developed today and can take HD shots. I especially like National Geographic Photography photos.

I once read that to be accepted as an on staff National Geographic Photographer, your first assignment is to send you to photograph a famous destination that has been photographed 1000s of times.  Your assignment is to find a new way of seeing the place and take that picture.

Thankful for great photography and the photographers that go places I am never going to go and bring back pictures I adore. The following is one of my FAVORITE National Geographic pictures. Beautiful world of beautiful people. It is good to be alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment