Saturday, November 18, 2017

Sable Fur and a USMC Boonie Hat

Sweetheart wanted to get out in the driveway at 2Am last night to see the meteor shower. It was cold. I went to bed at 10 PM to get some sleep before this annual event.  There are two or threee months each year we lie out in the driveway on a waterproof stuffed garbage bag with blankets and sleeping bags to view this movie put on by the heavens.

It turned icy cold last night.  I jumped up out of my nice soft comfy bed and put on my sweat pants and Marine Corps sweatshirt, socks and winter boots.  Heading downstairs I took a peek out of the front door and had a shiver. Next to the front door is my closet full of winter coats.  I wanted the longest and warmest one in there.  I grabbed my sable fur and a hat from the nearby hat rack, my eldest Marine Boonie hat.  Perfect!

Warm now. Let the show begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment