Friday, November 10, 2017

I Follow My Intuition ... Even When I don't Know Why

Yesterday I was going about my usual day when my thoughts went back to the funeral I attended. There was a graveside interment the next day that was available for anyone... but my husband and I decided to not attend as we both went to the wake.  As I went through the day I had an intuitive thought to go to the interment, at first I questioned myself and said, "Why?"  In the end I did go not knowing why but trusting in time it would be revealed.

At the graveside his wonderful family were present and his step-father invited me to join them for a meal afterwards.  I asked him and his wife, "if I would be intruding on a private family time? I would not want to do that." They both assured me it was ok, so I went to the cafe with them.

As we were leaving I began to tell them about my last conversations with their son only to find out they had no knowledge of what he told me.  The conversation revealed he was sicker than he let them know and this is why his death was so unexpected to them.  Obviously he did not want them to worry, he was trying to take care of himself. Like so many men he did not talk about his medical condition or the pain he was experiencing.  I was surprised they had no knowledge of this since he shared it freely with me and one other person at our work.

The family was relieved to hear of the things I told them and it answered a lot of questions they had.  And once again I followed an intuition without knowing the outcome and it brought some peace to the family.  Thankful for good people like him and his loving family. 




No comments:

Post a Comment