Friday, June 15, 2018

Women Doing Random Act of Kindness

Sometimes I set my week up by choosing something good to notice in the world for the week. What you focus on, you see.  This week by coincidence I wanted to notice the goodness of women.  We had put some items on freecycle.org and I thought it would take a couple of weeks to give the items away. The response was immediate. 

The women I hooked up with are the kindest, most gentle natured souls.  It was such an honor to see these women.  One was a military army veteran, who is the Director of "Arts4Vets," I will be seeing a lot more of her, art? Military Vet? Right up my alley.  I offered to teach art to the veterans and help her organize her storage unit.  She had advice to offer an acquaintance, another military vet woman that  I know, so I passed on that good info.

Another was a dear woman of The Latter Day Saints of Jesus Christ, a Mormon. The light coming out of her eyes and the thankfulness was so inspiring. Good woman, we talked a bit and she likes to recycle items instead of taking them to a landfill, like me. So happy to share her belief with me. Gotta love her.

Then yesterday I was in a parking lot and I saw two young women getting out of their car, take off running to help an older white haired man dropping plastic bags and empty bottles he was taking to grocery store to recycle I assume. The wind was so fierce it was taking the bags and bottle everywhere when Gabby and Olivia took off like the athletes. They helped him gather himself. I'll be honest I thought I'd try to help him too but they were much faster runners than I.  I spoke with Gabby after and she and Olivia, her younger sister, had big smiles and a wholesome look. Obviously these two came from a loving family and Gabby told me there was another sister. Wholesome, light in their eyes, big smiles, I was assured that the future of America would be in good hands with more like these ladies and their generation.

The individual women that I met during my travels this week were many, holding doors for me, lending me a key when I need it. Women. Smiles, goodness, the backbone of society, their gentleness will win the world in time.

Thankful to have met such people.

Image result for random acts of kindness by women

No comments:

Post a Comment