Friday, June 1, 2018

So Controversial I Can't Post it

There are subjects and opinions that I have that are so controversial I don't post them.  I write voluminous pages about my opinion on the subject but I don't post it on my blog or facebook. Why? Because my opinion does not need to cause a fight.  You have as much right to disagree with any opinion as I do and it's OK. We don't need to fight over it or unfriend one another.

So I don't post it. I discuss it with my husband and sometimes he agrees, sometimes he doesn't but we have learned how to love each other no matter the opinion. I will say this, if someone gets really hateful and argumentative on any post I follow, I unfollow this person, but I don't unfollow someone that simply has another viewpoint.  I will investigate further if interested in convo.

Looking for friends, not groupies.  I enjoy friends with differing views but the same core values. I have a confession to make, if any person constantly takes selfies, I unfollow that person too, enough of the selfies that seek compliments, life is much more important than the latest picture of you or me.

The reality, none of our opinions are important enough to fight over. If any lead to violence then the strong arm of the law needs to intervene to stop the insanity.  In this country, we live in "peaceful" disagreement with one another. 

Thankful to know when to keep my opinions to myself now.

Image result for peaceful disagreement




No comments:

Post a Comment