Monday, January 9, 2017

Let's Kintsugi Our Life and Shine Baby Shine!

The idea that we are broken is not one I subscribe to.  But if one is to repair someone's "soul" it has to first be seen as broken.  Religions need to make you believe you are broken so religion can create a need in your life for religion to repair you.

What if we are golden as we are? We are born innocent into this world.  No need to be born again, just forgive self and move on.  (Easier to do if you are taught this from birth and loved at home.)

Carrie Fisher stated, "You are only as sick as your secrets." If we openly address our problems, get the help we need to stop hurting ourselves or others, then we can have inner and outer peace.

Which brings me to this Japanese idea of repairing broken vessels used in special ceremonies. I first saw this in a museum and loved the story of it.

Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dust mixed with gold, silver, or platinum. It treats breakage as a part of the history of an object rather than render the object useless.

This reminded me of my life.  What if every mistake or hurt I ever experienced were mended with golden words of wisdom, sterling silver friends and platinum presence of mind? And what if I valued myself as useful every day in every way on my journey through this life? No need to disguise my mistakes with lies or embarrassment.  Just embrace my life as is.  Good as new, but shinier?

What if?













2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea. Kintsugi is the perfect metaphor for recovery from hardship. When we highlight our broken areas, rather than skillfully hide them, we live with fewer secrets and greater awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent idea. Kintsugi is the perfect metaphor for recovery from hardship. When we highlight our broken areas, rather than skillfully hide them, we live with fewer secrets and greater awareness.

    ReplyDelete