Saturday, May 27, 2017

We Need to Apply the Teachings to our Lives, not Worship the Person.

Lions Roar is a magazine I enjoy. It features meditation and Buddhist "Rinpoches." (teachers)  No doubt I am thankful I have lived in an era to meet the 14th Dalai Lama especially since China is determined to wipe the Tibetans off the map and choose the next Dalai Lama, one that supports Chinese government.  So sad.  The Buddhist religion or culture whichever you prefer, is beautiful, but may soon be a thing of the past if China rules.

The rituals, the chimes, the gongs, the flags for peace, the meditation, cushions, supplies, I do love them all. The teachings are all recorded for all to study. This religion has given me much inner peace and taught inner reflection before I found Byron Katie's "work" and Eckhart Tolle's teachings.  (My first choice of inspiration to live by is these)

There are those who focus on the person, the 14th Dalai Lama, and Christians in Christianity focus on Jesus. This recent issue of Lions Roar has on the front page as a main article  The Dalai Lama, “We Need Him Now More Than Ever."

The truth is, even the Dalai Lama would say, "Is we need more people to do the peaceful practices every day, not focus on the person teaching it."








No comments:

Post a Comment