Saturday, July 1, 2017

The Hat Rack Phenomenon by Newton Gimmick

I am having the best time finding unique hats.  The hat collection began because I was tired of dyeing my hair to keep up with the gray and white hair coming in that surrounds my face like a mane.  Years ago I dyed my hair and when it is done professionally with 4 colors it looks real.  No human head ever had one color of hair. Now I embrace the gray and white hair, I am not the woman that lives at a beauty parlor.

There are days when I do not feel like styling my hair and it looks flat and I look older than usual when it is not styled.  After all when my hair is pulled back all you can see is the white hair.  So I began to find fun hats.  Stylish hats can costs up to a hundred dollars and if I think I will wear it often I will buy one.   So the thrifty me found expensive hats and shopped online till I find one very similar or the exact same hat for 1/4 of the price. It's a treasure hunt I enjoy.

Today my collection is growing and I need a hat rack for all season storage of these hats.  I do not want to shop flea markets like i use to for such a find, now I just want a functional inexpensive rack.  As usual I don't fret or seek or worry about things anymore, I don't need the stress. If I find it good, if I don't find it anytime soon, good.  I stopped by Staples to pick up a couple of things for my Sweetheart and I noticed a nearby store is closing so I take a gander (Definition: A look or glance) inside.

There in the front is a commercial hat stand.  As a former retail manager familiar with closing a store, I asked if the hat rack was for sale.  "Yes." "How much?" "Ten dollars cash." "Sold!"  This was the easy part.  Taking the dang thing apart I thought who designed this?  Houdini?  It was a mystery to me how the heck anyone got it together in the first place... written directions for sure.  Well I had none of these now, I'll just have to wing it.  Finally got it all apart and into the trunk, loose screws and all the arms of the tree.  On my way home I thought I should have taken a picture before I disassembled it as it will take me an hour to get the dang thing together again.

All the parts on the floor, I am getting my mind ready to tackle this project which I am sure will take me an hour to assemble but I know I can do it, I just want to get into the mood. I go out on deck for lunch.  My Sweetheart comes in says nothing, goes over to the hat rack pieces and puts it together in less than 3 minutes.  I turned around from taking my dishes to the sink from the deck and Voila! It was assembled!  I started laughing out loud, he says, "What?"  
Thanks to my own Newton Gimmick, you make my life easier just by being.

This is Newton Gimmick from Teddy Ruxpin bear, I have this figurine.  😊


No comments:

Post a Comment