Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Marky Maypo with Quinoa, (1950s)

When I went shopping recently I wanted to add quinoa to my morning breakfast on days I did not drink a protein shake.  As I was buying rolled oats for my Sweetheart I saw quinoa in an oat cereal so I thought I would try it.

When my husband saw it he told me he began to eat Maypo as a wee babe of 5 and had a Marky Maypo bank that his mother ordered through the mail from the labels she sent in.  At night when he and his brother said their prayers they would add "God bless Mommy, God bless Daddy, God bless Maypo" to which their mother would give a word of reprimand, but they would include Maypo again the next night.  😄

Maypo he said has maple syrup in it.  I tried it and it was tasty not too sweet. I added cinnamon and almond milk.  It was pretty good for something different. Marky Maypo commercial can be seen on YouTube if you're interested.




No comments:

Post a Comment