Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Being a Warrior for Any Cause is an Exhausting and Unfilling Life

Recently a life coach, author, leader of women's sexual revolution, helped hundreds overcome sexual abuse, maybe thousands, I did not know her... committed suicide.  In my quest to find answers to why people do this I offer this suggestion.

My husband said, "Well she does not have to authenticate her motives anymore."

And I said,"Why? If she was set free through her own liberation from it, why did she take her life?"

In further investigation of her you tube speeches and her life story I see she is passionate about the subject. Sensitive and wonderful in her release from it and she seemed to think her purpose was to set others free in this one area as well.  In time she claimed to become a "warrior" of the cause but I do not think becoming a fighter or warrior is all she was meant to be.

At one point she became frustrated even angry at others that did not get the immediate relief as she did when she discovered this method that worked for her.  She wanted it worse for others than they did and maybe, just maybe, her sense of self boundaries and what she could do got fuzzy in her mind and she lost site of the bigger picture.  I can't say.  What I can say is her life was more than a coach, author, or warrior. In death I do hope she found the peace she did not find here on earth.  

Becoming a warrior at times in life is necessary but all your life every minute? No, this is stressful and I believe our minds were meant to be peaceful, enjoying our stay here for a few decades.  That's just me... A warrior, a fighter all your life?  No...that will wear your poor body and mind out to an early grave.  We are not and cannot be a savior to this world. If we save our self, we have done our job.

Realizing we can offer people solutions is enough.  To want their deliverance more than they do is self-destructive.  To know your limits and when to mind your own business after the message was delivered is self-preservation and  necessary.




No comments:

Post a Comment