Saturday, April 22, 2017

Mae West invented the Original Platform Shoe In This Century

The years go up the heels come down. Platforms in the 70s perfect I had many.  Spike heeled ostrich leather ankle boots with side zipper, my favorites!  Wedge heel shoes, how many did I own? Low heel mules I had every glitter pair I could get my hands on, slip on orange with brown embroidered mules, every color of the rainbow, my new necessity as I got older I got hotter, body temperature went up as I got older.  After kids flats were just easier to carry a child on a hip, silver and gold shoes with heels were there for a few occasions, another wedding the occasional office party.

Looking into the closet I held onto my absolute favorite sandals and shoes.  Then I hurt my knee, then my foot, and needed crutches and physical therapy. This went on for a few years and now all well...   well...I don't want to balance to walk anymore.  So these great shoes that were worth saving after finding just the right shoe are now being sent to a consignment shop. I'm wearing flats from now on.

Mae West did not like being short so to improve her height she had special platform shoes made and this is why she shuffled across the stage when fully dressed. Now celebrities are buying these platforms for $250,000 a pair as if the new designer just thought of these...Mae West designed these a half century ago. Watch Mae West in a movie sometime and think of these shoes...





No comments:

Post a Comment