Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Nothing but Gratefulness for this Peaceful Country

Sometimes I learn of happenings in other countries and what the people are having to endure and I get so thankful for this one.  Whatever comes, here is where I was born and here is where I will live.  I love this country. I love the people that come to this country. I love what this country stands for.

Democracy and individual freedom with a heart is this country's foundation, everything else is just details. I believe in this country, this government, and I believe our leaders want democracy and individual freedom too.  It is not perfect but we are working on it.  This country's government has not been established 300 years yet, give it time...

Last night I lie safe in my bed in my room in the Hudson Valley country with the window open smelling the fresh spring air, earlier I saw the goldfinch turn bright yellow another spring, and I breathed in, "I am so thankful for all I have," and I breathed out, "I wish all people on earth can know this peace too."  No matter what happens today, I will be kind, have fun, and "Move on."  USA is great.  Thanks Jimmy Buffet for the reminder.

In time, all will be well.  So thankful my vets came home safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment