Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Nyack Beach State Park

Another treasure that many may not know is the beautiful river side walk up the trail of this park.  The air was perfect and the people are so friendly. I stumbled upon it today while looking for a place to park, enjoy a view, and eat my salad.

The mallards, the egrets, and a baby deer crossed my path, and yes I petted the fawn. She/He was about 24 inches high with long legs, adorable. (Still a bit wobbly, obviously lost the mom temporarily.)  So many mothers with strollers were stopped and worried over the little thing, women are so sweet, anything baby we need to care for it, even in the wild.

Finally it began to climb the steep incline and I sent it a wish and walked on, after all it is built for climbing and I pray the mother is close.  That is the first time I was that close to a fawn and it had no fear, it let anyone pet it without biting or running.

Up around the corner you can drive to a plateau of gorgeous rock, with a view to the north of a spectacular rock formation and a view to the south of the Hudson River, breathtaking. In the distance you can see the new Tappen Zee Bridge. 

Yes it is a walk and bike trail that I will be visiting again with our family. What a fun day. Want to know a great advantage of paying your New York taxes?  Check out the national parks!  This is a day trip worth doing. Picnic on the plateau with wildlife nearby and a million dollar view. 

"I'll be back!"

 Thankful to have eyes to see this and meet great people again today.

Image result for Nyack Beach state park


No comments:

Post a Comment