Wednesday, May 9, 2018

My Dangerous Enlightened Ego

This has occurred to me as I began studying ego and the dissolution of my own.  There is much freedom in knowing the power of just being present without identity.  I can become so peaceful and joyful in everyday life that when I am faced with another who is angry, complaining, controlling, trying to exert their control anywhere near me, I tend to say,"Wow, they have a long way to go to find the peace available to them."  I get so thankful I am not that blinded anymore. I was "totally" blind before, don't get me wrong. But my own severe mental pain made me find a light out of my bottomless pit of dark tunnel vision and despair. I don't want to complain and be a victim anymore.

Thankful to see this but I am careful to keep my ego, out of it.  To see myself as enlightened is to be superior to others and this is something I do not like, anyone thinking they are above or below another.  A constant practice this "awareness," keeps my life beautiful everywhere I look.

 Image result for the dangers of ego

No comments:

Post a Comment