Friday, October 20, 2017

A Cat Knows How to Get the Loving Attention it Wants

I have a beloved cat, Daniel.  We love all our cats but this one keeps pushing to get whatever he wants and we get it for him.  When this kitty wants to be petted he rubs against our legs and hops up in our laps. When he wants more love, he walks over our computer while each of us is working, we put him down on the floor, he jumps up again, we push him down, and he jumps up again. Finally I hold him on my lap so I can finish typing with a promise to hold him, pet him, after.

After, as promised, I pick him up, sit in a big lounge chair and pet him, hug him, kiss him, until he wants to get down. This usually takes only 10 minutes although once in a while rarely, he will sit with me 20 minutes before getting down.  He purrs the entire time.

How would our relationships with our children, spouses, significant others drastically change for the better if only we hug each of them once a day for an entire ten minutes.  Yes we stop what we are doing no matter how pressed for time and sat and hugged for 10 -20 minutes every day.  I bet there would be better communication and better conversation. 

A cat teaches us humans how to heal the world...when will we learn?


No comments:

Post a Comment