Monday, October 9, 2017

Living the High Life with Butternut Squash and My Sweetheart

Homemade butternut squash soup did not come out as tasty as before. It is the first of the season for me. I usually use butternut squash and bake and scoop from scratch but this time I used butternut cubes sold in the produce section to hurry up the process. The cubes did not taste like my butternut. 

So I made the base and asked Sweetheart to help me season it.  It would take his sensitive nose to season it to edible.  He has much more experience with spices as his mother used many of them.  Must be a Northern thing.  3 hours later, a little thyme, a little sage, a little sauteed onion, a little Adobe, a dab more of maple syrup and Voila! We sat down on the deck with the crisp October air and a wine goblet of cold apple cider with my best friend. 

We have a lot more time to remedy a butternut soup now that the chicks have flown the nest.  A relaxing and fun way to spend an afternoon in between my writing and his computer business. Life is grand on the River.

Cheers to my Sweetheart!


No comments:

Post a Comment