Friday, October 27, 2017

How Crayons and Happiness are Made

When my eldest was toddling around the house with 4 pacifiers in his mouth at once and my second babe was at my breast, I use to sit in a small rocking chair retrieved from my parents-in-law's attic and watch Mister Rogers' Neighborhood every morning with the children.

One day Mister Rogers took us to the Crayola crayon factory to see crayons being manufactured!  I was amazed! I never thought about this before although I use crayola crayons all the time and every day with the children before they went to school. Love coloring in a new coloring book with a fresh box of 64 Crayola Crayons!

At the time, I thought,"I would love to go to the Crayola crayon factory and actually see these crayons being made and tomorrow I am.  My daughter who like me, loves to still color in a coloring book with a fresh box of crayons is meeting me in Easton PA to go to the Crayola factory and museum for the day!

I'm so excited I can hardly wait to play with my daughter this weekend and actually see crayons being made! Did I tell you I actually named a Crayola crayon one time? I did, the factory sent me a huge box of crayons with my crayon name among the colors.  The name that won was "Purple Mountain Majesty." I have the certificate upstairs  somewhere.

I know...it doesn't take much to make me happy, maybe, just maybe that is why I am happy most of the time!  Thankful to have a daughter who likes to play with me! Thankful to have a mother who is also happy with little things like this as well...maybe I learned to be happy from her?




No comments:

Post a Comment