Monday, December 25, 2017

Sugarless Christmas

Paula Deen and I can cook up Diabetes II desserts any day of the week. I taught myself to cook full meals years ago as a teenager and everywhere I have lived and everyone I have lived with loves my cooking.  This Christmas I elected with agreement of everyone to not bake one cake, or one pie, or one cookie, no candy with peanuts in a bowl...just healthy fruits from Hales Grove Farms.  So relatives gave us plenty of these and the family is enjoying these as our dessert with coffee.  I even skipped making my grandmother's mouth watering good pound cake which is a good stand by if anyone really wants a sweet slice.

So no pound cake, no chocolate dipped strawberries, no chocolate fondue, no sugar cookies, no chocolate chip cookies, no jelly filled croissants, no candy, no sweet tea, no soda, no alcohol, no chocolate milk, just water, home roasted coffee beans, and hot tea.  The children are eating healthier and healthier and we must say our vegan daughter has influenced all of us to cut down on our meat intake.

So just as we are settled into a sugar less and healthiest Christmas dinner we have ever had our son-in-law drives in with a "made from scratch lemon pound cake" made with love from his mom.  Thank you Rose, it will be enjoyed this holiday.

Thankful to have all the "sweet" children here for this Christmas.  Each of them and their significant others are complete delights, thankful, thankful, thankful! Life could not get any better than this. Today is the greatest day of my life until the sun comes up tomorrow. It's snowing!


No comments:

Post a Comment