Tuesday, January 16, 2018

~Day 14~ of "21 Day Family Appreciation & Peace"

"Open to Change"

For me to forgive was the easier part (I do not hold grudges long, too hard on the mind) but to "forget" did not work. If it doesn't work for you either, you may decide to do what worked for me.

I could not forget the facts of what occurred and the hurt to the people I loved, so in time with much persistent practice I learn to attach no pain to the facts of the hurts. This takes much focused practice and you will do it if you want inner peace. I did. Part of this was knowing what the stoic's teach about control:



*You "will need new" outside information to move on with living a happy life...I found it in books. 

If you choose to change your thoughts you need to know how to change, and what to think to be positive. Find new information in books of "personal development" that appeal to you.

Here are a few of the books I first read (in my Father's library) that gave me confidence to think I could change my life:

Life is Stupendous  by Zig Ziglar
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie
The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz

these were only the beginning...

I found my inner peace through reading many, many non-fiction books and practiced daily, the self-discipline of controlling my thoughts through exercises that I found in these books. 


**Today you can go to the public library or bookstore and get books that speak to you.  Check them out and read them. Take personal notes of things you can apply in your life now. Start applying now.

Keep a list of the books that helped you the most. Look for similar subject matter to read more.
How many books will you read to get inner peace? As many as it takes! In time, fear, indecisiveness, confusion, and hurt will leave.  Freedom is one thought away.

Thankful to know how to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment