Tuesday, January 30, 2018

"Just in General, England We Really Don't Care"

I was laughing today listening to "Comedians Getting Coffee" with Jerry Seinfeld show when he made a statement that is harmless but I bet if the general public said this we would be called, politically incorrect or insensitive. Jerry said, "Americans look at England as a kind of curio shop, we are not that interested in England."

Since childhood I have seen the country of England and its division between royal, commoners and thought "This is ridiculous."  I'm so glad to be a United States citizen where there are no royals or commoners.  Hollywood's media likes to pretend Hollywood has royalty but it does not and every real American knows it.  Royalty and longevity are not synonymous. Royalty and billionaire are not synonymous in this country.  It is just family history.

The royal family don't really do anything, the parliament and prime minister handle political affairs, yet I have met people from England that take so much pride in "their royals" that a tear comes to their eye at times thinking of them.  England is fun to watch with their ceremonies if there is nothing to do that day. The colorful changing of the guards and ceremonial rituals can be entertaining.

I wonder how much longer the English are going to have the royal family before that tradition is eradicated?  We thank them for their service and development of the world history but it is time to retire.  No need to post their doings in American magazines and news headlines. Frankly most Americans are not concerned about them or any celebrity having babies, we have a life of our own thank you.

I'm just sayin'...Thankful to be in a country that promotes individual freedom and equality. My ancestors came from England and Ireland but I'm beginning to think that the English kicked my Irish side out of the country and sent us here a while ago.  Details, water over the bridge...I know we are not perfect but we have only been here 241 years, give us time we will get it right. I believe in the USA.

We are all royals here.










No comments:

Post a Comment