Thursday, March 29, 2018

Body Eclipse and Peeper

In 1978 a honeymoon was not on the list of things to do after our marriage. We stopped in Niagara Falls for a couple of days on our ride back from Ohio to New York. We were married on a farm in a meadow that was formerly a corn field now turned into a meadow for events for a ministry we were members of at the time. As it was, we were doing volunteer work at the "Rock Of Ages" and planned to be married on the only day we had off from working. Our lives were not rotating around a wedding day like most couples.

Niagara Falls was memorable but it was a short vacation and on to New York. I am somewhat surprised to get married, it was not my plan for my life, so a big wedding and all the surrounding things a normal bride would do was not my style anyway. A big celebration like a honeymoon was not important to my new husband either it seemed.

Thirty years later my Sweetheart arrives home with two airplane tickets to a resort in Puerto Rico for two weeks to celebrate our thirtieth!  What?

We went to Boston to get passports in an afternoon and were off the next day to Puerto Rico.  The room in PR was one of the most luxurious suites we had stayed in.  The first 24 hours Sweetheart was so tired he slept. So in the morning I got up, took a shower and went out to breakfast without him.

And that was the morning I smelled heaven!  In the spa like bathroom there was a shower gel, "Body Eclipse" that smelled so fresh, so clean, I loved it! Not just a little I loved it, a lot of I love it! What a great way to start your day! I got dressed and slipped out without waking him.

I spent the morning exploring the resort and the beaches and returned to the room to find him still sleeping! The darling, he works so hard all the time for our family.  I grabbed a book and quietly so as not to wake him went out on the private terrace to enjoy the bright, warm, sunshine, relax and read until he awakened. It was a great way to start the "Honeymoon."

Later he got up said "Good morning Love" and after brief conversation about how I spent my morning went to take a shower. He comes out, saying, "Wow did you smell that shower gel? It is the best smelling fragrance I have ever smelled! Love it!"

So tonight as we are walking the driveway together in the cool crisp evening air we hear the first single "Peeper" of the year. We listen ever so closely and go to the area where the peep was and smile both of us so happy to hear spring and its dear critters on its way.  Not sure if it is a frog or insect, sounds more like an insect. Made us happy anyway.

We talked about our thirtieth anniversary celebration in Puerto Rico and how much we loved the hermit crabs on the beach and swimming in the resort pool with a big Iguana. Brown lizards were everywhere, on every wall and walkway. We were careful not to step on any of them.

So back in the house after our walk in our driveway, Sweetheart has a box on the table that came for me while I was napping earlier. I open it and Voila!  Body Eclipse! The shower gel we loved at Puerto Rico! I had searched and found it online last week, ordered a gallon for us to have for out fortieth anniversary year. Sweetheart was so happy!

Happy Anniversary early Sweetheart, thank you for marrying me and giving me three wonderful children.  Thank you for being my best friend. I love you again today.

Image result for gran melia resort , puerto rico








No comments:

Post a Comment