Saturday, March 31, 2018

Washcloths that Expand

Years ago I found these fun washcloths in the Disney store and bought one for each of our children in a favorite character from a movie we liked for their Easter basket. Last week I was in a store and saw a bin full of miscellaneous cloths and thought of my little guy friend from Jordan. I thought I bet he has never seen one of these. As I searched through and found Iron Man I saw Ariel from The Little Mermaid which was my daughter's favorite Disney movie when she was 5 years old. So just for fun I got that one to put in a new beautiful mug I bought her in VT last week.

Both recipients loved the washcloths and our daughter gave hers to her husband, (Prince Eric, he has black hair and ice blue eyes) to drop in water and watch it expand because he had never seen one before. My husband then told me that when he was little, his Grandmother used to buy these to take on vacation when she went on cruises. She would give a couple to him and his brother and they loved dropping each in water and as any child would be, was amazed at watching it expand into a full size washcloth. 

In the days of old the washcloths his Grandmother bought were plain colors, blue and yellow. Disney as always came up with the brilliant advertising idea to sell these with Disney characters on each knowing a child would delight in watching their washcloth expand with colorful characters and then using it to bathe.  Disney has the best ideas!

Thankful for Disney and all its wonderful childlike places to visit with magical toys for the young, keeping our childhood alive for a little bit longer. We all need to keep that child alive for a lifetime. Life is more fun this way.

Image result for Disney Ariel washcloth


No comments:

Post a Comment