Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Creating Space So You Can Think Peaceful

Eckhart Tolle constantly teaches about space. In a room look around and we see things, but how often do we look at the space in the room? I don't think about it usually but I'm beginning to.  Thoughts have space before the next sentence is formed and in this space there is a pause of thinking.  Meditation takes me to this space and for me it takes practice but I get there.

ET believes that underneath all this thinking we access our true self, peaceful and kind.  I tend to want to believe this. I guess I want to believe all people are peaceful and kind underneath outward hateful actions, and if any of us were not so confused about wrong or right we would always do the kind thing. I believe in humans to be better every generation. I believe the world is getting more peaceful, I do not feed my mind with more fearful clutter from movies, TV, any media outlet.  I want to believe more people are seeking and finding that space, sitting there to get calm, to find stillness within. I know I am actively, daily, seeking to rid my own mind of fear.

Reading an article today about a person who writes: she got up with "tangled" thoughts and could not find a way to calm her thoughts with her mind, so she went to her heart and rested there with all her fear. In this resting, she found solace.  I'm no stranger to this feeling but I want to move beyond the place of "resting," waiting for the fear to subside only to face the fear again another day. I want to cleanse my mind to be free, not to have to wrestle my mind to the mat over and over, waiting for this to pass.

I actually believe this can be done with the correct mind space, but it takes going deeper, deeper, within to root out fear, egotistical thoughts, and the belief I know better than another. If passing emotions are not me, who is the real me? Can I stay focused on that peaceful person and be still? Yes.

There has to be "unlearning" for me to do this, to bring unity and peace within.  So I study these sages of our times and I apply what works for me and I accept what works for others as their path.  In the end we will all be at the top of the mountain. In space, in time...so I look closer inside. Thankful to be aware of the work I need to do and willing to continue doing it for the rest of my life. (I'm getting closer everyday.)

Image result for eckhart tolle quotes from stillness speaks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment