Monday, April 9, 2018

"Living in The Present Moment is Probably Impossible"

I'm sure the title alone of this article helped to get this author published since all teachers of the mind teach, "You must stay in the present moment to be free of worry."

The author of the article believes it is impossible for an adult to do this because our mind is made of up of memories of the past stitched together with plans for the future and this is what our species does every day, how we evolve. He has a point given his limited study.

My understanding of the present moment is to relieve stress.  Lao Tzu taught, "If you want to be depressed, get a past, if you want o be anxious, get a future."  Now I don't quote him because I follow blindly, I use the quote that illustrates my own thinking of this statement.  You can read it, what do you think?  Is it true for you?

The present moment teaching must be evaluated in its context. It is in relation to relieving stressful living every moment.  It does not mean we don't make plans for the future or learn from our mistakes/challenges to do better in the future.  This is why I study every day again and again for years until I see the teaching clearer.  When I find a reason to not go further because the teachings do not serve me anymore, I step away.

This is why I left all religious affiliations behind.  I do and have and can learn from all of the peaceful religious principles that join us all in kindness and unity, these are eternal. But I step away from any group that judges or divide us because of personal difference of opinions to the point of hatred. Hatred leads to violent thoughts and can lead to violent actions if reason and logic do not prevent it.

Living in the present moment takes practice and living in the present moment will be a technique I return to for the rest of my life until I truly live with inner peace 24/7 no matter what happens in my life.  Others have achieved it, it must be available for us all.

Tip: 😉I'm pretty sure it has to do with getting rid of hostile anger or hatred. There is a good anger that has its place but it does not include hatred and violence.

Thankful to have clarity about this, it makes the present moment not only probable but enjoyable.

Image result for present moment peace




     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment