Sunday, April 22, 2018

Yep He's Vacuuming Box Elder Bugs off the House

A year ago or so I wrote about a fun acquaintance that lived in the woods. One day I went out to her house to visit and she was standing on a ladder vacuuming her house.  Another day I went out and she was vacuuming her trees near the house. It was a hoot to see! 

She told me she could not get these darn Box Elder Bugs to go away, they were everywhere. So every day she got up before 8 am and vacuumed.  Well I laughed and laughed at her for doing this but did admit it was a clever idea.  She did this for weeks. Her neighbors must have thought she was nuts.

Years go by. This year Box Elder Beetles are coming in the house for the first time in 30 years of living here.  Once inside they die, we sweep them up and toss them out.  Strange there is so many of them. This morning we get up and the Beetles are all over our front door and seem to be taking up residence in the siding.  Hundreds of the darn things!

I go down the driveway to mail a letter ad when I come back my husband is on a ladder with a vacuum.  He is vacuuming the entire door and siding underneath. Yep he's vacuuming the bugs just like she did. He said, "I thought that was a pretty good idea so why not? It works!'

Now who is laughing at who?

 Image result for vacuum box elder bug

No comments:

Post a Comment