Thursday, April 5, 2018

Raccoon Saloon and Asparagus Soup

There is a favorite restaurant we stumbled upon years ago while visiting modular home builders in PA. We were shopping, looking to have a modular home custom made. On the way home we found a quaint town and as many towns of old I've seen all over this country you can usually find a saloon looking tavern, pub, or restaurant. In Marlboro, NY we found such a building. 

Much to our surprise the food was delicious 30 years ago and has continued to be delicious ever since.  The incidental but also wonderful reason I go there is to look out the window on the waterfall, natural rock formations, and the Hudson River in the distance.  Heavenly stop for lunch or dinner.

The veggie burger and quiche are my favorite and the condiments are made in house.  There is a daily featured homemade soup as you might expect from a fine restaurant, and yesterday it was Cream of Asparagus, yum!  I called my Sweetheart and told him I dined at the Raccoon Saloon and he said,"Good for you. How was it?"

I told him really good as always and he said, "I have to go there with you soon."

Me: "We have got to make asparagus soup, I had some today and we would enjoy it for sure. "

I come home late from work and Sweetheart has asparagus in the frig. I hugged him and told him,"You take good care of me and I am not tired of it at all! Thank you!"

I come home from work this morning and he has a pot of Cream of Asparagus soup ready on the stove and says, "Hungry? Have some soup." 

I scoop the soup in a mug, and he says"Wait!" He puts three tips of cooked asparagus on the top for decoration."

As my mother-in-law used to say, "Ain't love grand?"

Yes it is, thankful. :)

Wonder if there was  a brothel upstairs? Jus' wunderin'...

Image result for raccoon saloon, marlboro, ny



No comments:

Post a Comment