Sunday, April 12, 2020

Day 12 ~ Gratefulness for 30 Days ~ List to 300

If you want to know, "Why the list?" Read April 1, 2020 post.

121) I'm grateful for dolls.
122) I'm grateful for baby "Sally Rand" my first baby doll (A fire baby given to me by my Grandfather) that I loved dragging around by her pointer finger while I drank my bottle until I pulled her finger off and I had my first hard cry over something I caused to happen that damaged a doll I loved.
123) I'm grateful for my "doll" of a mother that pretended to be a doctor and laid Sally Rand out on a pillowcase and got needle and thread and told me she would perform an operation and sewed the finger back on for me. This relieved my tears and made me so happy to have Sally Rand whole again. Now I learned to drag her by her entire hand to not have that happen again.
124) I'm grateful for the beautiful dolls I have bought over the last 40 years that remind me of women I admire, Clara Barton, Susan B. Anthony, and Florence Nightengale to name a few, I look at these and get extremely thankful for the things these women accomplished to make the world a better place for everyone to live as a result of their desire to be the best they could be.
125) I'm grateful for the beautiful sparkly mermaid dolls I bought as a memento of our visit to Top Sail Island and our Marine son in Jacksonville.  Dolls that fuel a creative mind are fun to have in a doll case.
126) I'm grateful for tiny soft dolls that babies love to hold in their tiny hands that give them comfort and a sense of ownership.  Many babies will cry when their doll is missing.
127) I'm grateful for dolls that walk, talk, and cry when wet so I could pretend I was a real caretaker when they "pretend" needed me. I had a fuzzy brown dog that walked, a Cheerful Tearful doll that I could give a bottle to and it would need me to change her diaper and a Chatty Cathy doll that said she liked me when I pulled her neck string.  Already an artist's mind by birth, these really sent me soaring in my imagination. So much fun to be little and have toys.
128) I love the water globe dolls I have bought to make me smile every time I hold them and turn the globe to see sparkles and snowfall all around the delicately painted figures in the middle of the globe. My favorite globes are my Christmas globes, including a Polar Express train globe, (I worked as an actor, a dancing chef on the first Polar Express train in Saratoga one season), my NYC Rockettes globe, (The globe is pictured below) and my water globe souvenir from the musical 'WICKED" with Glenda the good watch and Alba the bad witch in the middle, I love when good and bad come together in peaceful outcomes.
129) I'm grateful that my mother-in-law thought enough of me to give the antique baby doll that she treasured as a child to me as her 'only daughter,' her words, not mine.
130) I'm grateful to have our own wonderful children that when they were tiny were my real dolls to play with that I loved so, now they have grown and are no longer baby dolls, but I remember the wonderful joyful years I shared playing with them when they were little. So much FUN! Grateful always for our children. (My husband calls me his "Dolly" I love that.)

"Be a doll will ya and make me a cup of tea? Or I will make you one, either way, we can sit and chat and be friends. Even if we share a cup of tea while chatting on the phone, we're connected. Remember good times, there are many if you will slow down and just think."

Your life is a gift to the world. Grateful you are here.

Radio City Rockettes Glitter/White/Silver Snow Dome Globe 5"

No comments:

Post a Comment