Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 8 ~ Gratefulness for 30 Days ~ List to 300

If you want to know, "Why this list?" Read April 1, 2020 post of  TheQuailWriter.blogspot.com

76) I'm grateful for my pillows.
77) I'm grateful for throw pillows for the floor when you are sitting in front of a winter fireplace.
78) I'm grateful for pillows to prop my legs up when sitting for long periods of time writing.
79) I'm grateful for multiple pillows used to snuggle up next to while sleeping.
80) I'm grateful for decorative pillows that help to tie the colors of a room together on the couch.
81) I'm grateful for extra pillows to make my back comfortable in the bed when leaning back to read a book in bed.
82) I'm grateful for plastic pillows to lay my head on when in a bubble bath.
83) I'm grateful for the blow-up plastic pillow on a pool float to enjoy while chillaxing in the backyard pool.
84) I'm grateful for my beautiful Morrocan style meditation pillows to sit upon when meditating daily.
85) I'm grateful to be able to use my arm as a pillow when I'm lying outside on the ground, yes I do this as often as possible on warmer days.

When I stop and focus on each of these, it brings a smile of joy to me because it reminds me of a time I have enjoyed living my life. In time with daily practice, being grateful taught me to be thankful for every moment, no matter how small, to enjoy this life I live. To be thankful I had to slow down to see and appreciate this world.  As an older person, I see that life is short and we choose how we spend our time in every adversity we face. I want peace within if it cannot be outside of me. It is my choice, it will be your choice too. When you practice gratefulness daily it helps set the focus of your day.

Your life is a gift to the world. Grateful you are here.

Meditation Cushions & Benches | Zafu Pillows Zabutons




No comments:

Post a Comment