Sunday, April 5, 2020

Day 5 ~Gratefulness for 30 Days ~List to 300

If you want to know, 'Why this list?" read the first post on April 1, 2020.

45) I'm grateful for differing opinions that are calmly discussed among any group of people.
46) I'm grateful for cooler heads that prevail in disagreements.
47) I'm grateful for the ability to choose my engagement in any disagreement.
48) I'm grateful to know when to keep silent when there is no solution in sight for either of us, yet.
49) I'm grateful to finally know to mind my own business and set boundaries so as not to be drawn into others' drama.
50) I'm grateful to step back and let others have their say while I listen.
51) I'm grateful I have learned much patience over the years to listen to another's point of view that keeps me open to good ideas and inspires cooperation between us both.
52) I'm grateful for opposing views expressed calmly that help us all expand our understanding.
53) I'm grateful for being open and kind in stressful situations to remain emotionally centered.
54) I'm grateful to know tomorrow is another day, and we can rest and renew, ready to take on the challenges that belong there, not today, now.

Your life is a gift to the world. Grateful you are here.

This post was inspired by a conversation with a good friend that spoke with me recently. That friend and I have different views for sure. Thankful for strongly opinionated friends that stand up for what they believe without division among one another.

Thomas Jefferson quote: I never considered a difference of opinion ...



No comments:

Post a Comment